My Family – Kristen, Grace, Gideon, and Me
Anthony Svajda has a Master of Divinity and a Ph.D. from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He has served in many different ministry roles in churches of all sizes. Currently, he is serving as the lead pastor of Harvey Baptist Church in Stephenville, Texas. He is married to Kristen and they have two children.
I was raised in the Catholic Church, attending Catholic school until the second grade. While I knew of God, I did not know Him personally. As I grew older, I left the church to pursue my own desires. When I was nineteen, I began to date my wife, who invited me to church. At FBC Watauga I was taught what it means to be a Christian and I professed Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. After I was baptized, the Lord began to transform my life. Within a very short time, God led me to plant a collegiate ministry and to work with high school students. Just two years later, God called me to a life of ministry at Falls Creek Baptist encampment. From that time until now, I have dedicated myself to that calling and to equipping myself to be a more effective minister of the Gospel.
As a minister of the Gospel, I desire is for all people to know the saving power of Jesus Christ. I desire for those who already know Christ as Savior to become daily transformed by the Holy Spirit through the study of God’s Word. I desire to serve in ministry with people who are hungry to grow in their faith, who are passionate about reaching the lost, and who are ready to see God move in a mighty way.
- 2018 – Ph.D. in Evangelism and Church Vitalization, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- 2013 – Master of Divinity in Evangelism, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- 2010 – Bachelor of Science in Business Studies, Dallas Baptist University
- 2015 to Current – Lead Pastor of Harvey Baptist Church, Stephenville, TX
- 2013 to 2015 – Lead Pastor of First Baptist Church, Jewett, TX
- 2012 to 2013 – Student Pastor of Bear Valley Community Church, Colleyville, TX
- 2010 to 2012 – Associate Pastor of The Met Church, Keller, TX – Outreach Ministry, Small Groups, & Men’s Ministry
- 2004 to 2010 – Collegiate Pastor of First Baptist Church, Watauga, TX
Awards & Certifications
- 2019 – W. Fred Swank Evangelism Award, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- 2013 – Malcolm R. McDow Evangelism Award, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- 2013 – Church Growth Consultation Certification, Society For Church Growth Consulting
- Ordained To The Gospel Ministry: April 28, 2013, Bear Valley Community Church, Colleyville, TX
- Licensed To The Gospel Ministry: May 6, 2007 – FBC Watauga, TX
- Deacon Ordination: December 17, 2006 – FBC Watauga, TX
- Married: December 18, 2005
- Baptism: March 22, 2004 – FBC Watauga, TX
Anthony is available for preaching opportunities, conferences, camps, and other speaking venues.
Contact Anthony Directly for Speaking Engagements or Writing Opportunities at Anthony.Svajda@gmail.com