As I am sure some of you do, I stick with a daily reading plan to direct the times I spend with God during the week. (I also like to use the My Utmost For His Highest devotional. – Link is on the right.) As I go through this I usually like to compile my thoughts from the readings and try to draw consistency from the times I spent to see what God has told me through the week. Below are a few of the thoughts that I had as I was working through what God had for me this past week.
Dealing with the difficult situations in the middle of God’s Calling
- Keep Your Focus on Target
- Always remember where the situation lies in the big scheme of things. Is this obstacle in the way life altering or just a speed bump in the road.
- Never focus on the task. You may be doing great things or you may want to do great things but what really matters is the relationship you have with God. (Luke 10:17-20) Always remember the privilege it is and count yourself blessed to have the opportunity to be in relationship with God. There are some that did not have this blessing. (Luke 10:21-24)
- Do not focus on the chores of life which pass away but keep your focus on Him who will not be taken away. (Luke 10:38-42)
- Keep Your Commitment
- If you have been called to it, You must finish well no matter the costs. (2 Timothy 4:6)
- You are the only one who can carry out this for yourself in God’s power.
- Do not stray. If you do, you will only sympathize for yourself and that will get you no where.
- If you do stray, it is okay. Recommit yourself to the task and push forward to completion.
- Keep Your Anxiety Low
- Do not fear the earthly obstacle standing between you and finishing well. Whether this is a man or an organization. If God has called you to it, He will help you through it. He is greater than the things of this world. (Luke 12:4-7)
- Do not fear for the material things. God cares for you a desires for you to succeed in His will. Stay close to Him and you will be taken care of as He desires. (Luke 12:22-34)