Over the past few days and weeks something has really been bothering me. I am not sure if it is the routine of life or the lack of enthusiasm of those around me. But is seems that life has been an endless stream of stuff.
During this time a message keeps coming across my path. It seems to be the thought or idea that life should be an adventure. Something to be enjoyed and pursued at great cost. Entertaining this thought, I have to ask myself “But what would be worth such cost and could be such an adventure?”
Well, wouldn’t you know, God had a message for me this morning…..
I am not sure I can make this clear by just telling you. So I will separate the verses of the Bible by what I feel that God was revealing to me.
(Psalm 107 ESV)
 Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good,
for his steadfast love endures forever!
- (1) Where have you seen God moving in your life?
- I know that God is always there (Omnipresent) and is always in control (Omnipotent). But do I regularly recognize God moving in my life? I think it would do me good to recognize all the blessings that He has bestowed upon me, like the Psalmist, even when I don’t look to Him.
- If you are a Christian, when was the last time you praised God for your salvation? Are you over the fact that He has given you Grace that you do not deserve.
[2 ] Let the redeemed of the LORD say so,
whom he has redeemed from trouble
[3 ] and gathered in from the lands,
from the east and from the west,
from the north and from the south.
- (2) Who have you told of God’s blessings on you?
- I know that I am redeemed by God and I know that God’s command is for us to share His work in redeeming us. So why do we as Christians miss this? I often hear of how hard it is to share the faith and have once used this excuse myself. The list of excuses can be endless. But the problem comes when the people using this excuse don’t try in the first place. How hard are you trying?
- The other side of this is life getting in the way. I wonder sometimes, how hard are we looking to share the good news. I think sometimes we are even to busy in the church to share the word. Ask yourself, are you too busy for a conversation to share what God has given you to one who is need?
(3) Who are you around today?
The scripture says that the redeemed are gathered from the East, West, North and South for His purposes in redemption. To find the key to this verse, we must ask ourselves “why are we scattered?” By referencing other verses with the same word usage, we can see that we will be scattered to share the good news of the Gospel to the ones who do not know and we will be gathered when He returns.
So let me ask you, who are you around? Do you realize that you are there for a reason?
To answer the questions that I was pondering (“But what would be worth such cost and could be such an adventure?”), God replied “My Story, Me, My Grace, My Love, My Redemption, My Gathering of My People.” He is calling us to share Him. How could there be a greater adventure out there?
I want to you guys to know that those who are close to me know that I am no super evangelist. I am not one who has all the answers to life’s hard questions.
But I do know this, there is an adventure out there worth living and I believe that God has shown it to us. Now will we go and pursue it?